What to Expect During Your 1st Dental Visit.
- Meet the Dr. and have an exam of your entire mouth addressing all of your dental needs.
- You will receive all necessary x-rays as requested by the Dentist. Our office offers the most current digital imaging technology.
- Your dental hygienist will chart all of your existing dental work and do a full mouth periodontal evaluation of your mouth. The Dr. will then be able to determine if you will be receiving a regular cleaning or if you are in need of periodontal therapy.
- An oral cancer screening will be performed using our Velscope unless declined by the patient.
- For your new patient visit expect to be in the office for 1½ hours.
IMPORTANT: All patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to treatment (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are currently taking any medication (i.e., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.).
If your dentist or physician has taken x-rays, you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional x-rays are necessary, they can be taken at our facility.